Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Quote from Pres. Mehr

Salut?!

Well, well well!  I didn't expect to get a letter from the world famous "Big Momma" this week! haha!  Big Momma is apparently Nate's backyard sports name   Thank you very much Dad!  haha  I loved the letter!  I couldn't help laughing as I was reading and everybody in the library was giving me weird looks.

This week went by really well, we had a family home evening with the Pommiers, she loved the letter that Mom sent!  She wants to send mom a letter.  I love that family so much, I feel so happy every time that I am over there.  At church yesterday we had a group meal afterwords and everybody had a great time.  I really, really love these people I just cant explain it...  Fr. Abenzoar has been helping us a bunch with the missionary work.  He introduced us to all his family and we are going to start teaching his sisters soon.  Fr. Potan got his calling as 1st counselour in the Elders quorum.  Things are going good.  David and Cindy's baptismal date was changed to the 14 February so that we have time to get all the lessons in before the baptismal interview. David is crazy for cookies now, we also went runnning with him in the morning.

Here are some answers to your questions:

There are only 2 AP's in Trinidad, none are French side AP's, ever.  They stay one transfer in their actual area and then the next one is spent flying around the mission for zone conferences.  There are 4 French zones Grand-Terre, Basse-Terre, Martinique, and Guyane Française.

I have had one baptismal interview.  I was super nervous but she did very well, she had studied the entire week to get ready for the interview. Now she is baptised and is doing very well.

President Mehr sent us a quote from Neal A. Maxwell this week that I really enjoyed.

"One reason to 'search the scriptures' is to discover these sudden luxuriant meadows of meaning, these green pastures to nourish us in our individual times of need. The Book of Mormon surely has its share and more of these...

"For my part, I am glad the book will be with us 'as long as the earth shall stand.' I need and want additional time. For me, towers, courtyards, and wings await inspection. My tour of it has never been completed. Some rooms I have yet to enter, and there are more flaming fireplaces waiting to warm me. Even the rooms I have glimpsed contain further furnishings and rich detail yet to be savored. There are panels inlaid with incredible insights and design and décor dating from Eden. There are also sumptuous banquet tables painstakingly prepared by predecessors which await all of us. Yet, we as Church members sometimes behave like hurried tourists, scarcely venturing beyond the entry hall to the mansion.

"May we come to feel as a whole people beckoned beyond the entry hall. May we go inside far enough to hear clearly the whispered truths from those who have 'slumbered,' which whisperings will awaken in us individually the life a   discipleship as never before." ("The Book of Mormon: A Great Answer to 'The Great Question', pp. 13-16)

We just barely started over our reading for the Book of Mormon.  I finished my Book in which I was marking everything about Jesus Christ (it was full and was also the reason why I need a purple marker, because Christ's words were purple, and there are a lot) This round through the Book of Mormon I will be searching for the steps of repentance. Something I have noticed already is why Laman and Lemuel never really changed.  Sure they felt sorry for what they did, they even "humbled themselves before the Lord" and confessed that what they did was wrong, but they never committed themselves to change. Repentance is not a punishment, nor is it just feeling bad for having done something. It is truly a change.  Laman and Lemuel felt bad and were punished plenty of times and yet did not repent fully because they did not change.

I love you all!
Have a great week!
avec amour,
Elder Call




No comments:

Post a Comment