Monday, December 15, 2014

Exciting news from the Mission President!


Bonjour Ma Famille!

So big news first, no, not the tooth, I'll get to that later. But President Mehr just announced, if you havent heard already:

"I have been authorized to announce by the First Presidency that as of July 1, 2015 the West Indies Mission will be split. The new missions will be named Trinidad Port of Spain Mission and the Barbados Bridgetown Mission. 

The Trinidad Mission will consist of Trinidad, Suriname, Guyana and the ABC islands off the coast of Venezuela.

The Barbados Mission will consist of the Islands north of Trinidad already in the mission including French Guiana that is part of the Guadeloupe District."

So that's pretty big. Too bad I won't be seeing it. They will split the mission the day I leave. So instead of 1 new mission president coming in, we'll get 2. As for me, I'll just fly home on the same plane as President Mehr, which should be fun!

Well zone conference was great. I got to see everybody, Elder Miyasaki was there, Elder Fraley, Elder Lewis,  it was great. I also had to be the translator for the second half of the zone conference. Not much else happended during the week. We had to stay up with the Capesterre Elders in order to get to Zone conference, then District Conference the next day Saturday and then Sunday.

The tooth that's loose is one of the ones that have no permanent teeth behind it.  So much for making it through the mission with them right?  But it's not right in the front so if it falls out I won't look too much like a hillbilly.  Since the dentist says it won't be a problem I'll wait until I get home to fix it.  Don't really want holes being drilled into my head here in Guadeloupe!

You aren't going to like it but I am out of time, I took all my time trying to send those pictures. I could probably Skype at 5 o'clock my time which would be 2 o'clock your time in Utah. I'll keep watching the tooth and update you!

Love you lots!
A bientot!





Me and Elder Stewart-Johnson




I got to translate for the 2nd half of zone conference.  It was a bit tough, but really fun!




My original district and MTC room mates reunited!  The other guy is Jonathan Bonbon, my Branch President's son who came for the zone conference. He is preparing to leave on a mission. We invited him to jump in with us.




We took a picture of the "Miyasaki Family" all the people he trained were all together and then of course Elder Stewart-Johnson who I'm training.  So good seeing Elder M again!





Great seeing Elder Fraley again too!






No comments:

Post a Comment