Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas is coming!

Bonjour la famille!

So this week was great!  Things moved slowly but surely along, I had 2 exchanges that I did this week one right after the other on Thursday then Friday.  The first day I brought Elder Lever down with me in Basse-Terre.  It was a great learning experience.  He has been having a great mission and has learned a bunch.  So I just sat back and tried to learn all I could.  At the end of the day we went to go get some bokits at the boardwalk along the beach.  Elder Lever showed me how it was done contacting people.  He is very comfortable talking with everyone.  I am going to try to apply some things I learned from him and hopefully some miracles come out of it.  I tried applying some stuff the very next day with Elder Johnston (not Stewart-Johnson it was another exchange)  We once again went down to the boardwalk (all the other missionaries are dying to have the bokits from Basse-Terre for some reason) but as we were sitting down and eating, Elder Johnston and I were having a deep, reflecting conversation about the mission and I leaned over and just started talking to a man sitting on the bench next to us.  I simply said "Hi, how are you?"  He replied simply and we both went back to eating then he turned to me and asked, "What does God think about father's who don't like their children and abandon them?"  It was one of those great questions of the soul that us missionaries are just praying to hear.  I had a prompting to turn the conversation a little away from the depressing thought and more to the importance and blessings of families.  We had a great conversation and I gave him a Book of Mormon with a Christmas card talking about the "He is the Gift" video of the church. A while later his friend came and kind of turned us down and took a lot away from the spirit, which is why we weren't able to get a return appointment or a way to contact him. but afterwards I felt great.  I felt like I did what the Lord had sent me there to do and it was very satisfying.

Then in church there were 30 people that came to the group!  I was so happy!  We even had a young couple show up that I had invited form our English class, who are married, actually married!  And they were incredibly accepted and integrated by the members.  Their daughter had a great time and didn't want to leave! haha  It was the best!  But not only that, The Pommier family came as well, and the Duflo family! During the Sunday School lesson they were the ones who participated the most!  At the end of the day I was just filled with love for these amazing people as well as gratitude to the Lord for having heard my prayers and fasts.

Today we all are going to watch the movie Frozen at 4:00 and then have dinner at a member's house at 6:00. All the new missionaries that have seen it aren't too excited for the movie, but the rest of us are super pumped to see it.  We've heard a lot about it.

I can't wait to talk to you all on Wednesday, have a great couple days!
I love you lots!!
avec amour,
Elder Call




Fr. Potan and me with his Christmas lights




The decorations we have in our car

No comments:

Post a Comment