Monday, August 4, 2014

Not so serious Tropical Storm Bertha

Bonjour ma famille!

This week was actually rather long, I would love to say otherwise, but, I learned a lot about myself and my testimony,  and that Johanna showed up.  After we tried to knock on her door and she wasn't there, she pulled up in her car and agreed to a 5 minute lesson even when she didn't have time.  We watched a video and then and ended with a prayer setting an appointment for Wednesday.  After that we wandered back towards our house, with no idea what to do, my only thought was a contact that lived close to us.  She wasn't home. But, as we were leaving, an hour of time to fill, and nothing but contacting on our planner, I remembered having set up a lesson with Claudia for precisely that time, and precisely that place, I was looking right at her door, basically, when it hit me.  We went in and her friend was there, and the Spirit, and they agreed to a baptismal date for the 30th, and understood everything.  It was incredible.  I would love to complain, but I just don't know how.  I know that this week was a test of my testimony, but I'm not too sure how I did though.

As for Tropical Storm Bertha, oh man I was so excited for the storm!  But we got absolutely nothing in the south.  We had Coordination that day, early to beat the storm, and there was some pretty incredible lighting and thunder when we left.  The rain was coming down in buckets as Elder Glover and I drove back to our area.  But as soon as we crossed the boundaries everything just turned off.  The south didn't even get wind. The rest of the day we had our weekly planning session, so we were home the whole time.  But they city turned off the power and water just in case for the storm, but nothing came.  So we planned in the dark using our homemade yogurt cup candles to see!

There are some pretty good talks I've read recently.  Ones by Tad R. Callister, they aren't really the "Feel Good" talks, more of the "Blow your mind with Doctrine" kind haha!  I REALLY love the Holland talks, like "For Times of Trouble", but also especially,  "However Long and Hard the Road".  Last week I just got a bunch of conference talks in French to help with my language studies.

Last week was the Yole Festival, (that of course you knew about mom!)  I'll send some pictures of the boats.  They went right past our house but to be honest, it wasn't too exciting.  They don't go that fast, but the people went crazy for them haha!

I love all of you so very much and I love hearing from you!  My prayers are with you and I feel the ones coming from your end!  The Lord loves us, that's why he trusts us with hard times.  I know that they are meant to help us and let us grow.

I love you!
avec amour,
Elder Call


Arik's birthday.  I made the carrot cake for him






These pictures are in Marin









Ste. Marie












Elder Glover...The "New" Mexican!








The Yoles



The men seriously have to hang off the sides on those poles to steer and balance it




Meeting to prepare for the not so serious Tropical Storm Bertha




Eating and studying by candlelight during the power outage








My homemade yogurt cup candle

No comments:

Post a Comment