Monday, July 21, 2014

Spiritual week

Bonjour ma famille!

I would love to write a really long letter to you again this week but there wasn't too much that happened, since the last time I wrote was on Wednesday half a week ago.  And this week was pretty rough.  We didn't get a chance to teach any of our strong investigators.  We saw Dana a couple times but we were never able to get an actual lesson with her.

But!  It's was Arik Martial's birthday on Thursday, and I baked the carrot cake and took it over to him. Sadly, today has been really stressful and my SD card reader ended up getting left at home (I STILL have my camera, I just haven't been able to send pictures, there will be lots next week!)  Arik just turned 12 so he's going to be receiving the priesthood this week.  It'll be great to have another deacon and priesthood holder in the branch!

This week although it felt really long, was a very spiritual week.  When Elder Glover got home from the airport we talked about all the things we wanted to change, what we were going to work on, anything we could do to finally find some success.  Then we took an hour and drove up to Desmarinières overlooking the south arm of the island to a cool little spot that was secluded from everything else and prayed and talked with the Lord.  It was by far one of the most spiritual experiences that I've ever had.  But that really set the mood for the rest of the week and I can tell that my prayers have gotten a lot better and more earnest.  Not too much has come from it yet but it was a good start.  And I feel that I really am being tested as to how badly I really want success.

The other day Elder Glover and I talked for a long time about baseball.  He was trying as hard as he could to convince me about baseball but I wasn't buying it.  Naturally, being missionaries, we started throwing in scripture references to back our point of view, it was really funny.

I do want to thank you for the year mark box, especially the camel.  I love it, a lot.  Haha I took it to Guadeloupe with me!  I also really love the cook book, Elder Dayton was very jealous of it.  We've been making a lot of good food recently!

Well its not as long as usual sorry again,
Next week should have a lot of pictures!  I promise

avec amour,
Elder Call

Here are some pictures that Sister Turner took at Zone Conference and one of Elder Glover and Braden making cheesecake.











No comments:

Post a Comment