Monday, April 20, 2015

Happy to be back in Guyane!

Bonjour!

Well well, I imagine your just dying to know how things are going down here!  And the answer is: AWESOME!  haha  I love being back here its so much fun!  The first couple days we went around seeing members and I got to catch up with them all!  Most of them actually remembered me!  Everyone  that remembered me said the exact same thing, "Elder Cool!"  (because they just can't figure out how to pronounce my name so I had to always introduced myself as that a year and ten months ago)  "You're back! and you've lost weight too!"  hahahaha!  Man its funny, I thought I was gaining weight on the islands, guess not!  Sr. D'Abreu took a picture and posted it on Facebook and everyone saw it and it spoiled the surprise for a lot of people, but it was still great seeing everyone!  The branch has grown incredibly since I left!  There were 27 baptisms since then and a bunch of people that came back.

My new companion is Elder Smith.  He's from South Jordan and came out one transfer after me.  As Zone Leaders, things are SUPER busy, because we aren't just Zone Leaders but we are also filling the role as the Senior Couple.  We are in the middle of switching out the cars, so we've been car shopping and picking people up from the airport and on and on.  But its been great, no time to think about how soon I'm going home, couldn't be better!  We actually just learned that we are going to have a Leadership Conference in Trinidad next week.  Better yet is that we will be going through Suriname!  One last canoe ride!  We need to get all the visa stuff figured out, which takes time, but its going to be the last time that missionaries EVER make the trip by canoe to Suriname.  Since the mission is splitting, Suriname will no longer be a part of our mission, therefore, Elder Smith and I will be the last ones to ride the Maroni River to Suriname, needless to say, I'm pumped...

The work is going great!  We're teaching a lot of Brazilians (I need to start learning Portuguese, surprisingly I can understand quite a bit already!)  My first day we met a guy who has a HUGE house that invited us in, he is so prepared, he accepted to be baptized the first lesson and has been reading the Book of Mormon almost everyday!  We just need to get him to come to church!

Well I have bunch of other things going on, but all in all, I am happy and busy and couldnt be happier!

I love you all bunches!

Have a great week!

avec amour,
Elder Call



Saying goodbye in Guadeloupe






 

Wise words from Guyane

























Crazy fruit grown here called a  ronbouton.  Its delicious! Its kind of like a grape on the inside









My new apartment



Playing football





No comments:

Post a Comment