Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Staying in Guadeloupe!

Bojou tou moun!

Cabo? Didn't you just get back from Hawaii?  And I thought I was going crazy with plane flights all the time, guess I'm not the only one!

It's transfer week and I'll be staying here in Basse-Terre with Elder Stewart-Johnson for another round!  Pres. Mehr told me that he wanted to keep us here to help set up the branch, I'm pumped!  I really wanted to spend some more time with everyone here a bit more, especially David and Cindy.  Elder Okano will be going up to Baie-Mahault with Elder Drennan AND Elder Ehlert; Elder Broadbent and Elder Glover are going to St. Martin.  Elder Riviera is coming to be with Elder Lever in Capesterre.  Which is all that concerns my island.  I'm not too sure what else is going on in the mission.  I heard Elder Dayton is going to be with Elder Boadbent on St. Martin and Elder Hatch is going down to Guyane. Other than that I don't know.  Let me know what you find out, because I assume you'll be reading everybody's letters...

As for the week, everything was relatively calm, Carnival ended.  We are back to the doors trying to find everyone the Lord is preparing, and I know they're out there, I just need to be ready like with David and Cindy.

Yesterday when we got to church it felt somewhat empty, our numbers were low and I felt terrible.  I prayed and asked the Lord what more I could've done to help.  I feel like I have been giving it my all.  Then I thought of all the people that weren't there and prayed for them, that they were OK and that they would want to come.  Just as I finished the Pommier family walked in.  I was so happy to see them get to church again!  I love these people!

Elder Stewart-Johnson and I are doing well.  Our companionship studies have gotten really good.  We found some topics that we both are interested in and have shared study tactics and are now studying questions together.  I have never had great topic study with a companion before, it always turned into separate studies on the same topic, but we've been doing well.

We haven't seen Johanna for 2 weeks now, she was sick on Sunday.  We brought up baptism after she said that she knew the Book of Mormon was true. Since then it has been a struggle to get a hold of her because we set up rendez-vous through Sr. Abenzoar, and if one or the other isn't available it doesn't happen.  But she has loved coming to church and asks all the right questions!

Tonight we should be going to the Huc's house to have Raclettes! They invited their friend and everything, its going to be great!

I love you all!  Have a great week!  Soyez prudent!

avec amour,
Elder Call


We went on a hike with the branch on Tuesday to the 2nd Chute de Carbet.  The missionaries had already been,  but surprisingly, some of the members never had...







Splits with Elder Lever






Soccer with the zone

No comments:

Post a Comment